Can you believe it has been one year since I revived (or hijacked, take your pick) Stephanie's What Are You Into idea? As I read back through what I have been into, I realized I really need to do better about sharing these consistently. It's a fantastic way to record the year.
What I Am Into This Month - August 2011
On My Nightstand: This is very difficult for me to say, but I have had to back off on reading for a bit. It's only temporary - just while Laura and I are working on the book. I have this thing where I tend to pick up on the voice of whatever writer I am reading, and I am just really needing some time to focus in on my own voice.
I do, however, have a stack of books awaiting reviews. Hoping (against hope) to have reviews up in the next month or so on:
- Kathy Escobar's Down We Go: Living Into the Wild Ways of Jesus
- Mark Scandrette's Practicing the Way of Jesus: Life Together in the Kingdom of Love
- Kate Wicker's Weightless: Making Peace With Your Body
- Sally Lloyd Jones's How to Get a Job...by Me, the Boss
Want To Read: Currently grinning and winking and batting eyelashes at me from my Amazon cart are:
- Amanda Blake Soule's The Rhythm of Family: Discovering a Sense of Wonder through the Seasons
- Mariah Bruehl's Playful Learning: Develop Your Child's Sense of Joy and Wonder
- Meg McElwee's Growing Up Sew Liberated: Making Handmade Clothes and Projects for Your Creative Child
T.V. Show Worth Watching: Kyle and I continue to spend our evenings with Monsieur Netflix. Currently watching Prison Break. Surprised the heck out of myself by loving it. Also, of course, it's Project Runway time, and I have to say I have found this to be the most enjoyable season since Runway moved to Lifetime. Agree? Disagree? And for just two more weeks - Sookie Stackhouse and her merry band of supernatural friends. (shhhhhhhhh)
You know, I really really want to see The Help. Here's my issue: when I finished that book, I laid in my bed and sobbed for a good 15 minutes. So, it's quite obviously a powerful thing for me. I'm a little hesitant to watch the movie in public as my sister who never EVER cries at movies said she cried at the end. I'm conflicted.
In My Ears: So, I'm on the Spotify and it is oh-so-enjoyable. We are really, really loving it. So lots of Mumford & Sons and Glee cast favorites and Pat Green and all kinds of handpicked, can't-believe-I-can-do-this-for-free stuff.
I'm kind of starting to miss Pandora though, what with its "Oh, have you heard this?" and "I know you will just love this one!" (even if it does mix in some what the WHAT?! every now and again).
Don't forget - Shaun Groves' Third World Symphony has officially released!
Newest Blog Reads and/or Internet Interest
I blame Erin, really. She was my portal into the world of vintage-y, thrifting, fun & funky eye candy. I think Morgan has done some enabling here, too.When I have a minute, I've so been enjoying blogs like A Beautiful Mess, bleubird, and the Freckle Wonder blog. So fun. So inspiring.
What I'm Looking Forward to Next Month:
Mi bambina Aliza Joy turns Four. (puppies and kittens party!)
College football. (Go Frogs!)
Working on the Walk to Emmaus team.
Here at SortaCrunchy, two fun things to begin preparing for:
- Amy of Crunchy Domestic Goddess has graciously allowed me to host the Ditch the Disposables Challenge this year!
- I'm going to be joining a team of green living bloggers in creating a new weekly linky called Your Green Resource.
Many more details to come on both of these SOON.
All of THAT going to require lots more (is that possible?!) of THIS:
I would so (!!!) love to hear from you! What are YOU into as August leaves us and we move into beautiful, hopeful, happy September? Tell me in the comments or share a link to your own What Are You Into? post!