So, clearly, there is no What I Wore Wednesday this week for me.
Even before I got sick, I had a couple of days of intense headaches, and to be perfectly honest, I haven't been out of yoga pants much at all in the past week. The one day I did get dressed (our first trip to Whole Foods Market - Oklahoma City!), it was so crazy windy that I felt sure the tripod would have toppled and my camera would have been Deadsville. It was just a cute green sweater and my trusty trouser jeans. You didn't miss much, I promise.
What I have been doing with inordinate and embarrassing frequency is watchin' some TV. Remember how I told you I wasn't all that hot on the idea of a TV in the bedroom? Well, I swallowed down an entire crow pie over that little issue as I've convalesced in bed for the past five days. I was too miserable to do anything except watch TV, and now, I have some thoughts:
1) Project Runway: It is with great sadness that I say this is probably the end of the road for me and PR. This season was so disappointing. I didn't even watch last week's finale. It was so, so, so clearly producer-driven. What made me even sadder was catching part of a marathon of a Bravo-era season (I think it was season 5? Which ever one Kenley was on) and it just made my jaw drop to remember how great the designers once were and how innovative and imaginative the challenges used to be.
2) The New Girl: Apparently there were some sort of baseball games being broadcast on FOX (??? I think Texas was involved?) and so we have been deprived of all good things Zooey for a while, but as of last night - new episodes! Can I just confess to you that when I see people speaking negatively of this show on the Internet, I have to click away? It's true. I may be a little over-invested in it.
But seriously, can you blame me ? <------- magical.
3) Psyche: This is our latest Netflix marathon show. It's so cute and clever but in a very subtle way. I am constantly giggling through it. I love that it's actually still in production. Maybe we'll catch up. Eventually.
4) Revenge: I can remember from my childhood that when this music started up:
it was time for bed for the kiddos. My parents LOVED the Falcon Crest. I always felt so cheated to miss out on what must have been the most fascinating moments on television and I vowed that someday I WOULD stay up late to watch shows like that. ! Yet, somehow I've never gotten into the nighttime soap operas thing, even though I'm a grown-up and no one is hurrying me off to bed.
Wellll, when Boo Mama gave a nod of approval to Revenge, I decided to check it out. She and I are on the same television wavelength, and I was not disappointed in this one. Oh, the Hamptons. Oh, the summer. Oh, the money. Oh, the wardrobe. It's all ridiculous, mindless escapism and I am totally hooked.
5. Once Upon a Time: Okay, if you have been skimming to this point, I need for you to stop. Right now.
Let's get this straight.
Once Upon a Time may be the best thing on television right now.
Are you watching? Tell me you are watching. You have to be watching.
See how I went from regular, normal language usage paragraphs to one line paragraphs? That is to emphasize the fact that you must watch Once Upon a Time.
Yes, sure, accuse me of being biased towards it because a couple of writers from the LOST team are writing this little treasure, I don't care. My heart beats a little faster with each episode. There is so much intricacy of detail in everything from the characters' meaning-packed names to the set design to the way they are weaving together fairy tales from multiple sources. And, bless it, there are even a few LOST shout-outs to make loyal Losties giggle: clock stuck at 8:15, Regina's house number is 108, opening a scene on Emma's eyeball, for starters.
There are only two episodes so far, so you have plenty of time to catch up!
* * * * *
There is one other little thing I enjoy catching on a screen. The way AJ pronounces her favorite meal is hysterical. I finally got it on my phone the other night, but this doesn't really do justice the way she mangles it:
Any guesses as to what it is?
Now tell me, sweet friends. Since I was too sick to do an into post for October, what are watching? (or reading or listening to or whatever ....)