1. Post these rules
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
3. Answer the questions set for you in their post.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. Go to their blog and tell them that you’ve tagged them.
6. No stuff in the tagging section about you are tagged if you are reading this. You legitimately have to tag 11 people.
11 RANDOM THINGS
1. I've shared so many random things about myself in the past six years, it is really, really hard to think of things I haven't told you yet.
2. When I was in high school, I wanted to get a degree in Hotel & Restaurant Management and then open my own restaurant in my hometown.
3. I have a major aversion to chain restaurants.
4. I smoked when I was in college - only when I was hanging out with friends or writing.
5. I kept many of my papers from when I was an English major. I think my essay on the poetry of Fleur Adcock may be one of the best things I've ever written.
6. I give my toenails a break from being painted in the winter.
7. I only get my hair cut twice a year. (I'm TERRIBLE. I know!)
8. I am perplexed by the Ryan Gosling fascination.
9. Given the choice between a nanny or a housekeeper, I would choose housekeeper in a heartbeat.
10. I've been saying I need an assistant for a long time. Last month, I actually hired one to help me with online life stuff, and I am so glad I did.
11. My normal body temperature is about 97.3 degrees (I know this after seven years of practicing natural family planning, you see). For me, a fever is anything over 99.
So random, right?
Questions For Me
From Bitty Bird (she tagged me first):
1. Morning person or night owl? Recovering night owl who is now a devoted morning person. I get up at 5 AM every morning.
2. Who do you most admire and why? Oh GOSH. This is tough. I would have to say my late grandparents. (I've written a love letter to them here.) They were just the best people.
3. What is the last thing you purchased for yourself? A fun honeycomb pattern vintage top and a vintage pleated skirt - yesterday at Elusive Vintage in Norman.
4. Do you pay for a manicure or do it yourself? My fingernails are RARELY painted. But if I have painted nails, I've done it myself or someone gave me a gift certificate for a manicure.
5. What is the last book that you read? Julia's Child.
6. If you could have any career that you wanted, right now, what would it be? To be honest, it's this. Writing. The only thing I might tweak is that I would love to have an office/studio area to escape to, a dedicated, stand-alone space that is QUIET and mine for writing. But really, this is the career I've dreamed of for many years!
From Simply Authentic:
7. Most interesting animal you can think of on the planet? Playtpus.
8. The song that takes you back to high school everytime? Oh goodness. So many. SO MANY. Um. Beck's Loser? I guess?
9. You have $500,000 to give to a charity. Who would you give it to? Love146. No question.
10. Red high-heeled shoes or leopard print flats? The flats! Totally!
11. Preferred way to spend 3 PM? Well, I normally spend the 3:00 hour picking up Dacey from school. I would PREFER to spend it with a mug of hot tea and a great read.
Questions for my taggees:
1. Which season is your favorite and why?
2. What is the best deal you've ever gotten on anything?
3. What is your favorite dessert?
4. When was the last time you went to the dentist?
5. Do you prefer older homes or new construction?
6. What is your favorite social media platform and why? (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Reddit, etc)
7. Photography: do it yourself or go to a professional?
8. What is the last thing you made?
9. Thrifting: love it or hate it?
10. Sunrise or sunset?
11. What is your guilty pleasure?
My taggees are the last 11 people with blogs who have commented on a (non-Pinterest, non-giveaway) post at SortaCrunchy:
If you've been tagged and don't want to play - NO WORRIES. It's all just fun.
And because I'm more prone to bending rules than following them, I'm saying it: if you wanna play along, consider yourself tagged! *grin*