Because of the way school calendars work in our part of the country, we are always well into summer break by the time the calendar catches up to us. It is as puzzling for my kiddos now as it was for me as a child. Oh well. Bygones.
A few weeks ago, I asked for your musical recommendations for this summer and you did not disappoint! I found some great new (to me) stuff and I was inspired to dig up some old, old favorites of mine.
I've been playing around on Spotify, and mixed together some modern with some that are meaningful only to me and summers past. For summer music, I just need a bouncy beat and some light-hearted fun. Also, this is not completely safe for little ears. With all the kid music we listen to dancing in the kitchen and driving in the car, I need a respite with some Mama Only Music!
Annnnnnnd so, here it is. My playlist for Summer 2012:
1. Sweet Child O' Mine - Guns and Roses
2. Never Been to Spain - Three Dog Night
3. My Maria - Brooks and Dunn
4. Laid - James
5. Light My Fire - The Doors
6. Chattahoochee - Alan Jackson
7. Tiny Dancer - Elton John
8. Mrs. Robinson - The Lemonheads
9. Cough Syrup - Young the Giant
10. Safe in L.A. - Gold Motel
11. Lucky - Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat
12. I've Got a Woman - Ray Charles
13. Drink One More Round - Cory Morrow
14. Brighter Than The Sun - Colbie Caillat
15. Some Nights - Fun.
16. Hard to Handle - The Black Crowes
17. Basket Case - Green Day
18. Little Talks - Of Monsters and Men
19. Take Me Out - Franz Ferdinand
20. Places to Go - Leftover Cuties
I'm definitely open to adding to these twenty tracks, so feel free to add your suggested additions in the comments! Happy summering, friends!