Though I am surrounded on all sides by work awaiting my attention, all I really want to do is make lists of baby names and shop for baby stuff. I think the fact that we hope to find out the gender of our babies next week along with the fact that we are moving ever closer to the halfway point of this pregnancy has me completely consumed with the wee ones.
Yesterday, I followed a rabbit along the trail and down the hole into shopping for cloth diapers. Oh, y'all. Things have changed so much since the last time I snapped a Fuzzi Bunz on Aliza Joy. It has been YEARS since I shopped for cloth diapers and though I diapered two children with cloth, I pretty much feel like I'm starting over! There are so many new brands, features, and options. It's head-spinning.
So, I'm turning to you all and hoping that you can tell me what I need to know!
Here are some parameters:
* We probably won't start cloth until the babies are at least two months old, maybe three months. With recovering from a(nother) Cesarean birth and adjusting to laundry for a family of six (FOURKIDSFOURKIDSFOURKIDS) and just getting a handle on life with two littles, I am planning a long period of grace for myself. Grace in the form of disposable diapers.
Having said that, I don't think I need newborn diaper recommendations. Starting with standard baby sizes should work just fine.
* I hate, hate, hate all-in-ones. Unless there is some new brand that dries SUPER FAST, I probably won't add any of these to our stash.
* I have plenty of prefolds, but I think I would really like to go with more fitteds this time. It will be spring or early summer by the time we start cloth diapering, and I have always loved to have my babies in t-shirts (or dresses) and then a covered cotton diaper in the warm weather.
* I love breathable covers over fitteds and prefolds. What's out there now in wool or other breathable covers?
* For out of the house, I really like pockets. I don't mind stuffing them. I have long relied on Fuzzi Bunz and bumGenius. What's new on the pocket scene?
So, tell me what ya got. What are your favorites? What brands and WAHMs are popular these days? What have you tried and HATED? And just in case, is there a type or brand of diaper that works better for baby boys? Diapering boys is entirely out of my wheelhouse, but I need to know these things. Maybe.