Here's something you may or may not know about me: I almost ALWAYS have music going in the background of my life. Interestingly, though, I can't have music going while I write. That's strange to some, I know, but I get so entirely INTO what I'm listening to that I can't write and listen at the same time. I'm a strange cat.
Anyway. When I search Pinterest for fun playlists, I find that an astronomical number of them are created for running and working out and other hard-core fitness-y type activities. I get that, I really do, but that's a little advanced for me.
My daily fitness routine almost always involves dancing in the kitchen. (I told you about this way back when.) I'm almost always building a new playlist for the moments spent whirling with a whisk and sweeping up after meals - always, like Prometheus, with a broom instead of a boulder.
Since I'm tinkering with songs to keep me pepped up and on task throughout the day, I thought it might be fun to share them with you - a new playlist each month.
For your Spotify/iTunes/wherever you find your music delight, here's a playlist for February 2014:
1. Don't Leave Me (Ne Me Quitte Pas) :: Regina Spektor (big, big hat tip to Jenn for this one!)
2. Jump in the Line :: Harry Belafonte
3. Adalida :: George Strait
4. Iko Iko :: Cyndi Lauper
5. Mama Told Me Not To Come :: Three Dog Night
(Since that song is not all that appropriate for little ears, a kid-friendly alternative might be I Really Love To Dance :: The Laurie Berkner Band)
6. I Don't Feel Like Dancin' :: Scissor Sisters
7. Down at the Twist and Shout :: Mary Chapin Carpenter
8. Istanbul :: They Might Be Giants
9. Only You :: Yaz
10. On Your Mind :: Miles to Dayton
11. Lollipop :: Chordettes
12. Happy :: Pharrell Williams
I would LOVE to hear your suggestions for peppy, move-your-feet tunes for March!
Happy dancing, y'all!
top image from Eric__I_E via Flickr